- To contribute to a reduction in the risk of incidents involving employees driving various types of light motor vehicles that might result through conflict on the road, leading to property damage, injury or death.
- To encourage the attendees to develop a culture of taking responsibility for the outcomes of their actions upon themselves and other road users.
- To develop in the attendees a system based style of driving that reduces identified risks to a minimum
At the end of this Course participants should:
- Understand the reasons why their participation in the driving course is required
- Understand the particular issues and problems facing the drivers of light vehicles
- Understand the possible effects of light vehicles on other road users
- Understand the factors that affect an individual’s driving behaviour including the effects of stress fatigue and distractions
- Show increased hazard perception and risk assessment skills
- Display a planned and systematic defensive driving style
- Understand how to avoid road crashes and that crashes are within a driver’s (their) control
- Understand their social responsibility as a road user
- Have updated their knowledge of road rules and procedures and understand why they should comply with the rules of the road