Food & Beverage Service Training and Sales Techniques provide the fundamentals needed for a solid foundation in Food & Beverage Service. Upon completion of this course, students will have the skills needed to work autonomously and/or in a team environment in the service industry.
Focused on operational skills, students will learn how to deliver standard meal set-ups and procedures, complete documentation used in F&B operations and gain an understanding of the basics of menu-knowledge and different types of service.
Students will also receive an overview of standard invoicing systems and sales methodologies used in hospitality and F&B operations. The student will learn ordering techniques, upselling skills, effective sales communication and after-sales service within the overall sales cycle all aimed at ensuring customer satisfaction.
- List the steps and main standard operating procedures of:
– Breakfast service
– Buffet service
– Brunch Service
- Define characteristics of basic and informal F & B
Name the various cleaning products and materials common to F&B operations.
- Identify the different documents and checklists used in F & B
- Explain the different phases of sales in hotels and restaurants
- Understand how a POS system can be used in restaurants to increase operational efficiency.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of different types of payment methods.
- Understand the meaning of after-sales
- Understand the importance of meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Perform the trolley service effectively and
- Illustrate different basic and informal table
- Practice cleaning of various facilities and work areas commonly attended by F&B service staff.
- Explain a menu to
- Handle customers’ enquiries on food and beverages during breakfast, brunch, and buffet services.
- Work in accordance with the legislation regulating F & B
- Take the order at the table efficiently to ensure customer
- Use sales promotion techniques at points of
- Apply aspects of communication to influence sales and apply techniques of up-selling for beverages.
- Use POS systems to take orders
- Demonstrate the ability to work in F&B operations both autonomously and in a team.
- Explain the role of checklists in the process of F&B service quality assurance.
- Defend the importance of the cleaning and maintenance processes for the preservation of the value of equipment and facilities.
- Recognize the importance of legislation regulating F & B services and the consequences of breaking them.
- Relate the successful sale of an F&B product to the competencies of the service staff.
- Recognize one’s own limitations and points of improvement in taking orders as well as promoting F&B products.
Enter the text or HTML code here