Infection Prevention and Control with 2.75 CME points
Infection Prevention and Control
Promotional Offer for AED 139
Get Trained & Earn CME Points!
We provide DHA and MOH accredited BLS, IPC, ACLS, PALS and NRP courses.
Limited Time Offer!
Call or Whatsapp: +971568896218
Infection Prevention and Control
Infection Prevention and Control measures (IPC) are a set of interventions aimed at preventing the transmission of infections to patients, visitors and staff within Health facilities. The prevention of infections avoids unnecessary illnesses and, sometimes, even death, saves money, reduces antibiotic resistance and is essential to offer a correct quality of care.
Approvals and Accreditations:
Upon completion, learners will receive a certification that can be used for renewal or application with 2 years validity.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the most prevalent risk factors for healthcare-associated infections.
- Recognize appropriate situations where it is necessary to apply these measures.
- Apply all IPC measures in your daily work.
- Recognize how changes in culture and behavior are needed to implement effective infection control
- Make a personal commitment to learning and implementing effective infection control measures
- Identify the core elements (modules) of the basic infection control course
- Describe the sequence of events that comprise the “chain of infection”
- Define Standard Precautions for infection control and list the key elements
- Select appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be used – alone or in combination
- Apply the “5 Moments of hand hygiene”, Safe Injection Practice, and respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette to prevent the spread of infectious agents
- Describe non-critical cleaning and disinfection environmental measures to prevent transmission of infection, including waste disposal and laundry management procedures
- Transmission Based Precautions
- Healthcare-associated infections
- Transmission of infections
- Occupational exposure
- MRD management
- Cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization of equipment
- Hand Hygiene. General Concepts.
- Hand Hygiene Procedure.
- Personal Protective Equipment: General Concepts.
- PPE: Elements
- PPE: Gloves
- Cleaning and disinfecting the environment
- Safe reprocessing of the reusable medical devices and equipment
- Waste Management
- Prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids
- Handling of patient linen
- Respiratory hygiene
- Injection Safety
|December 2021 Training Roster|
|Basic Life Support (Weekend)|
|3.5||10th December||Friday||09:00 – 14:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|3.5||17th December||Friday||09:00 – 14:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|3.5||24th December||Friday||09:00 – 14:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|3.5||31st December||Friday||09:00 – 14:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|Basic Life Support (Weekday)|
|3.5||22nd December||Wednesday||09:00 – 14:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|Basic Life Support (AHA)|
|3.5||9th December||Thursday||09:00 – 13:00 hrs.||AHA|
|3.5||23rd December||Thursday||09:00 – 13:00 hrs.||AHA|
|3.5||6th January||Thursday||09:00 – 13:00 hrs.||AHA|
|Basic Life Support Blended Learning Practical Session|
|3.5||11th December||Saturday||16:00 – 17:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|3.5||18th December||Saturday||16:00 – 17:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|3.5||25th December||Saturday||16:00 – 17:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|Infection Prevention and Control|
|2.75||16th December||Thursday||09:00 – 15:00 hrs.||DHA/MOHAP|
|2.75||30th December||Thursday||09:00 – 15:00 hrs.||DHA/MOHAP|
|Advanced Cardiac Life Support|
|10||18th December||Saturday||09:00 – 15:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|Pediatric Advanced Life Support|
|10.5||11th December||Saturday||09:00 – 15:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|Neonatal Resuscitation Program|
|6||25th December||Saturday||09:00 – 15:00 hrs.||ASHI|
|Group Bookings are also available for a minimum of 7 Participants. We can deliver the training in your own premises or at Save Fast Training Center.|