Infection Prevention and Control measures (IPC) are a set of interventions aimed at preventing the transmission of infections to patients, visitors and staff within Health facilities. The prevention of infections avoids unnecessary illnesses and, sometimes, even death, saves money, reduces antibiotic resistance and is essential to offer a correct quality of care.
Approved and Accredited by
This program will award you 2.75 CME Credit Points by the Dubai Health Authority DHA & Ministry of Health and Prevention MOHAP.
Upon completion, learners will receive a certification that can be used for renewal or application with 1 year validity.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the most prevalent risk factors for healthcare-associated infections.
- Recognize appropriate situations where it is necessary to apply these measures.
- Apply all IPC measures in your daily work.
- Recognize how changes in culture and behavior are needed to implement effective infection control
- Make a personal commitment to learning and implementing effective infection control measures
- Identify the core elements (modules) of the basic infection control course
- Describe the sequence of events that comprise the “chain of infection”
- Define Standard Precautions for infection control and list the key elements
- Select appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be used – alone or in combination
- Apply the “5 Moments of hand hygiene”, Safe Injection Practice, and respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette to prevent the spread of infectious agents
- Describe non-critical cleaning and disinfection environmental measures to prevent transmission of infection, including waste disposal and laundry management procedures
- Transmission Based Precautions
- Healthcare-associated infections
- Transmission of infections
- Occupational exposure
- MRD management
- Cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization of equipment
- Hand Hygiene. General Concepts.
- Hand Hygiene Procedure.
- Personal Protective Equipment: General Concepts.
- PPE: Elements
- PPE: Gloves
- Cleaning and disinfecting the environment
- Safe reprocessing of the reusable medical devices and equipment
- Waste Management
- Prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids
- Handling of patient linen
- Respiratory hygiene
- Injection Safet1
|5th May||Friday||9:00am -1:00pm||AED 149||View Details|
|11th May||Thursday||9:00am -1:00pm||AED 149||Fully Booked|
|16th May||Tuesday||9:00am -1:00pm||AED 149||Fully Booked|
|22th May||Monday||9:00am -1:00pm||AED 149||View Details|
|25th May||Thursday||9:00am -1:00pm||AED 149||Fully Booked|
Enter the text or HTML code here