IOSH Managing Safely
IOSH Managing Safely is unlike any other course. You’ll find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and a sharp business focus. But you’ll also find that the highly innovative format and content engages and inspires your staff – critical to getting safety and health embedded across the whole organization.
The IOSH Managing Safely is a key qualification for all supervisors and line managers. Accidents can happen in any workplace and avoiding them can be a simple process. Give managers and supervisors the knowledge and skills they need to manage health and safety within their teams. Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, students are awarded a Managing Safely certificate from IOSH – the world’s largest health and safety membership organization.
Who is IOSH Managing Safely for?
Managing Safely is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organization worldwide. They won’t suddenly become safety experts – but they’ll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business.
What does the business get?
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals, IOSH
- Flexibility – the programme can be delivered flexibly so that it suits your business.
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single programme
- Globally recognised, respected and certificated training for your managers and supervisors
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate
To give managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone’s safety and health responsibilities in the workplace. To enable managers and supervisors to recognize how they can influence, control, and monitor risk to improve safety and health issues in the workplace.
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace
- Define key terms relating to safety and health
- Identify how the law can have an impact on safety and health in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the benefits and characteristics of an effective health and safety management system
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing Risk
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Understanding Hazards
- Investigating Incidents
- Measuring Performance
IOSH Managing Safely is assessed by a 30 question mixed-format exam and a short practical assessment (a workplace risk assessment) completed at the end of the course. If you are studying online, your exam is online and the practical assessment is completed at your workplace.
Why choose Save Fast?
Save Fast, a leading health and safety training company in the UAE, ensures that companies and their employees are equipped with the skills and confidence to do their job safely and effectively. In addition, we ensure compliance with international and local health and safety legislation.
Full course details can be viewed from the IOSH website