The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award qualification gives your workforce vital healthand safety know-how so they can make a difference and help reduce accidents,control costs, protect your reputation and avoid legal action. It covers risk assessmentsand ways to control common workplace hazards such as fire, lifting and carrying,work equipment, electrical safety, hazardous substances and transport.
Who is this for?
Anyone who needs to understand the basic principles of health and safety as part of their job. This qualification is particularly relevant to:
- Team leaders and supervisors
- High level operators/skilled workers
- HR management and staff
- Facilities managers
- Security professionals
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues.
Through your studies, you will gain knowledge and practical health and safety skills. This will enable you to:
- Understand why health and safety needs to be managed, ensuring effective processes are in place
- Inspect the workplace, recognising common hazards, evaluating risk, recommending controls measures and assigning actions
- Understand why incidents happen and how to investigate them
Level 2 Qualification from UK and Globally Recognized Target Group For the safety assistants and the safety Supervisors
NEBOSH International General Certificate/HSE Diploma
Mode of Training:
Classroom | Online/Virtual
18 to 24 Hours | Units HSA1 of the NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award is assessed by a three-hour workplace health and safety review. A full-time classroom based or online course would be expected to last for a minimum of three working days and a part-time day release course would be spread over at least three weeks. For candidates studying by open or distance learning, the tuition hours should be added to the recommended private study hours to give the minimum number of hours that this mode of study will require. Quoted hours do not include assessment time, such as sitting for written examinations or completing the practical application unit.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award can help you to:
- Reduce incident and injury rates, and the associated lost time and absence
- Foster greater health and safety awareness amongst employees
- Improve employee engagement and enhance safety culture
- Secure higher levels of compliance with organisational safety measures
- Protect the business from the reputational damage caused by health and safety failures.
After completing the course, you will be asked to complete a workplace health and safety review which:
- Considers how health and safety is managed, and how it could be done better
- Identifies health and safety issues, how they are controlled and if the risk can be reduced
- Select the most important issue for improvement
This assessment is designed to test your ability to put into practice what you have learnt and, as it is carried out in the workplace, can add instant value to your organisation.Once you have achieved a pass, a qualification parchment will be issued within 20 working days of the confirmation of the successful unit.
Enter the text or HTML code here